- This event has passed.
Self Care 1: Basics (12 March 2022)
12 March 2022 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm£65.00
This is the first of 5 sessions in Living Medicine’s Self Care with Foods & Herbs course which teaches safe kitchen pharmacy for digestive problems, sleep, anxiety, fatigue, skin and first aid, coughs, colds and allergies. As it covers the Basics of Self Care, we recommend if possible you take this workshop before any of the other sessions.
During this 3-hour workshop:
- You’ll assess your own health and diet to enable small simple changes that could dramatically improve your wellbeing.
- You’ll learn how to tweak your diet to balance blood sugar levels and maintain consistent energy through the day instead of highs and lows.
- You’ll learn how to identify two families of useful plants in the garden.
- You’ll understand how plants work to support the body and mind to maintain health and wellbeing.
- You’ll learn how meal timing affects our Circadian rhythm, make and taste a quick, delicious, all-nourishing breakfast and learn how each individual ingredient supports our health and wellbeing.
You’ll receive a comprehensive handout of the principles and therapeutics of food and plants as medicine, tea-making and breakfast remedies.